This list is built for tennagers and university students, who…
Apple is considered #1 love brand in the world. If you love this brand, and you feel like you have abilities to work for them, this article might help you get a dream job.
Most of the time people apply for a job in Apple online. Don’t panic if you don’t get the answer after the first job application. It is considered more of a luck than a standard. Apple is a love brand, so they clearly get thousands of job applications every day.
Once you hear back from Apple’s HR agent, they will invite you for a job interview. It is attended by 70+ people most of the time, but sometimes you can be lucky and attend an interview with only 15 fellow candidates.
When you come to a hiring event, there will be several Apple employees. Be sure to act confidently and feel free to start a conversation with some of them. When the event starts, all the Apple employees will introduce themselves. Of course it will be your turn in a few minutes too. Be ready to make an interesting introduction. Tell something unique about yourself, so you are easier to remember.
Soon after they will divide all of you into smaller groups. There will be a short test where you must answer not too difficult questions. After that employees will ask you, if you have any questions, you should ask them a chellenging question, to show that you really are interested.
If everything goes well, they will ask you to join another interview in a few days. If you are applying for a job in Apple Store, the interview will most likely take place in one of them. You should be ready to answer personal questions. Do not answer with short sentences or even with just one word. You have to show, that you are passionate about everything you do. Sell yourself!
The third interview will be a little bit more difficult. They will ask you questions like: ”Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer” or ”Name a time you where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it”. Take a few seconds to think about it. You may come with a rational answer with no difficulities.
The fourth interview may be the final one, unless you are applying for a higher position. If you apply for a job in Apple Store, they will ask you more or less technical questions. If there are any recent Apple products released, be sure to know everything about them. They can ask you about computer parts such as HDD, Ram, CPU etc.
After the last interview, they will promise to call you in 24-48 hours. Don’t be stressed out if anything happens in next four days. It is usual to get response from Apple several days after they promised.
These are some of the questions Apple asked Kyle Russell, who applied for Software Engineering Manager:
- “Tell me something that you have done in your life which you are particularly proud of.”
- “What are your failures, and how have you learned from them?”
- “Describe an interesting problem and how you solved it.”
- “Explain to a 8 year old what a modem/router is and it’s functions.”
- “You have a 100 coins laying flat on a table, each with a head side and a tail side. 10 of them are heads up, 90 are tails up. You can’t feel, see or in any other way find out which side is up. Split the coins into two piles such that there are the same number of heads in each pile.”
- “Show me (role play) how you would show a customer you’re willing to help them by only using your voice.”
- “How many children are born every day?”
- “If you have 2 eggs, and you want to figure out what’s the highest floor from which you can drop the egg without breaking it, how would you do it? What’s the optimal solution?”
What are the benefits?
If you are lucky to get a job, it will bring you a lot of benefits. Apple is very strict in terms of hiring people, so you are likely to be surrounded by very professional colleagues. Your team will be well educated and you will get along with them easily. Apple takes care about their employees, so your job won’t be too stressful and you will earn a very nice paycheck.
One of few negatives is, that even if you get a part time job in apple, it is very hard and competitive to get a full time. We wish you good luck!