A recent survey of hiring managers revealed the most common…
Do you want to work for google? Do you want to know what are your odds? Do you know what are some of the best benefits you will get? Continue reading…
Google receives approximately 1,000,000 resumes every year. They choose approximately 4,000 to 6,000 new employees annually. It makes your chances to get a job in Google only around 0,1% to 0,4%.
Don’t worry though. As Google becomes larger every year, they hire more new employees. In 2002 Google has only had around 2,000 employees. Right now it is around 54,000.
According to Google, you have to be different and smart to work for them: ”At Google, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.”
If you still are not sure, why should you be interested in working for Google, check out these benefits you will be receiving:
- If you don’t like going too far to get a food, get a job in Google. Google believes, that its employees should not go for food further than 150 feet. That’s why there are food stations all over the place
- Since we are talking about food, google provides healthy and tasty food for all of its employees 3 times a day
- Do you love your dog? Google is a dog friendly company. If your dog is well-behaved, feel free to take him with you
- Google employees (frequently called ”Googlers”) are encouraged to ride company provided bicycles around the Googleplex
- Google provides a doctor meetings and check ups right in the Googleplex for its ”Googlers”. Only happy and healthy employees can do spectacular job!
- It provides its ”Googlers” and their families with health and travel coverage
- Google encourages engineers and other employees, to spend 20% of their working time on their own ideas
To get an idea which steps to take in order to get a job in google, check out this infographic by themuse.com:
Do you like this story? Share it with your friends!