Latest Job Interview Guides
Essential Job Interview Guides
Job Interview Questions
Get invited to any job interview.
Impress your future employer with a resume that stands out. Choose from 35+ professionally designed resume templates.See all resume templates
Boost your chances even more.
Take your resume online and turn it into a personal website with a single click. 93% of HR managers would be likely to have a look.Create website
Job Interview FAQ
How to get a job interview?
First, create a resume that stands out. Take some time to create a well-designed resume. The easy way out is to use a resume builder. Then pick the right format, write it the way you’d like to read it, tailor it for specific positions and don’t forget to make it ATS-friendly (if you plan to apply via job boards).
Second, make use of your connections. Statistically speaking, over thirty percent of new hires come from employee referrals. Determine which companies you’d like to join. Then, you need to identify possible connections within them. If you know anyone who works at the company you’d like to apply to, ask them if they can put in a good word for you.
Third, apply. Whether via job boards, LinkedIn, or company’s career page. Then follow up on every job application.
How to prepare for a job interview?
- Know more about the company than others.
- Thoroughly research the job position.
- Go over your resume and prepare examples to demonstrate your skills.
- Prepare answers to most common job interview questions.
- Practice your body language.
- Prepare a suitable outfit.
For more tips, check out our guide: Job Interview A to Z: How to Charm Your Way Into a New Job
What are the most common job interview questions?
These are some of the most common job interview questions:
- What makes you a great fit for this position?
- Why should we hire you?
- Can you tell me a little more about yourself?
- How did you hear about the position?
- What do you know about the company?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why are you leaving your current job?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
What questions to ask during an interview?
- What do you enjoy most about working here?
- Do you offer any additional professional training or continuing education?
- Can you tell me something about the team I’ll be a part of (if I’m hired)?
- What will be the greatest challenge for me if I am hired for this position?
- Do you think I lack any skill needed for this position?
What to wear to a job interview?
The hiring manager will usually inform you of the company’s dress code when they invite you to an interview. If they haven’t, feel free to reach out to them and ask.
Alternatively, you can dress based on the company sector. For formal corporate interviews it’s usually business professional attire, for less formal corporate interviews it’s business casual attire. If you’re interviewing at a startup, you can opt for a more casual outfit.
For more tips, check out our guide: What to Wear to a Job Interview? A Quick Fashion Guide